Make sure the camera battery is fully charged.
- I have followed this procedure without any problems with my Hero2, but I will not be responsible if this turns your gopro into a brick.
- Download the older April 2012 firmware file http://panofish.net/HD2-firmware.zip (this is the same firmware I used successfully on my Hero2 that had been upgraded to the freezing protune firmware)
- Copy the firmware file to your gopro SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the camera.
- Hold the “shutter” button while turning the camera on.
- Release the shutter button. Press and release the power button. A prompt will appear to “press 1″. Press and release the power button. A prompt will appear to “press 2″. Press and release the power button.
- The camera will install the update and turn itself off.
- The protune option will no longer be available, but neither will the freezing.